~ Horse training ~
~ I will be taking a select number of training horses for the 2020 season, please contact me to save a spot. ~
I specialize in the development of both horse and rider to compete in the western sport of Barrel Racing.
Other Areas I Train:
* Natural Horsemanship
* Advanced Natural Horsemanship
* All gaming events
* All around type of training
* Lower Level Dressage
~ Full time training (5 days per week) including board $650
~ Half time training ( 3 days per week) including board $470
~ A non- refundable deposit will guarantee you a spot for training ($100)
~ I do recommend an EVALUATION SESSION with the horse and owner before they come into training. Starting with ground work I like to see how the owner and horse work with each other. This way everyone will be in a clear understanding of what the goals are and where the horse and owner are at with their horsemanship level.
~ I do require the owner to come work with the horse at least 3 times while the horse is in training and before they are taken home.
Current Negative Coggins is required
~ Riding Lessons ~
* I have lesson horses that are available if you do not have your own horse to ride in lessons. Limited availability for 2020 season.
* I give lessons from beginner level to advanced levels.
* Each lesson is about an hour long, if you are a beginner and cannot tack up the horse by yourself, your lesson starts when tacking up. If you can put all the tack on by yourself, your lesson starts in the arena so make sure you show up 15/20 mins. before your lesson starts to give yourself time to get ready.
* Anyone under the age of 18 must wear a helmet, and have a parent/guardian sign for them. I do have a helmet to use if need be but I do recommend you buy your own.
* A healed boot is a requirement (rubber boot, western boot, hiking boot)
* Single lesson on my lesson horses (depends on availability): $45 - not available for the 2019 season.
* Single lesson on your own horse: $35
(will travel to give lessons at your place, there will be a mileage fee)
~ Farrier Service ~
Graduate from the MN School of Horseshoeing in Ramsey, MN
Certified Farrier - since May of 2006
* Trim: $40 - standard horses and minis. $55 - draft horses
* Front Shoes: $85
* All 4 Shoes: $135
** Prices subject to change at any time**
These are base prices only, there may be additional charges for specialty work and farm call depending on the distance
North Country Haven, LLC.